Subject: Re: [boost] Current Guidance on Compiler Warnings?
From: Stephan T. Lavavej (stl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-11-27 20:25:31

[degski]
> Interestingly [or maybe not so interestingly] MSVC (15.8/7) is the only compiler
> available there [on godbolt] that does NOT produce more optimal code for the
> signed integer case (at any optimization level) (STL are you listening).

I am listening, but I am not a compiler backend dev. :-) I recommend filing a bug about the missed optimization opportunity through the C++ tab of Developer Community at https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/spaces/62/index.html .

(I've been busy filing optimizer bugs against MSVC and Clang/LLVM while working on charconv; filing bugs with clear repros is the best way to help toolsets improve.)

Thanks,
STL