Subject: [boost] iround() and itrunc() in Conceptual Requirements for Real Number Types
From: Matt Pulver (mpulver_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-01-04 18:24:25

Hello,

Regarding the page Conceptual Requirements for Real Number Types
https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_69_0/libs/math/doc/html/math_toolkit/real_concepts.html

Is it still accurate to list these 2 rows under Standard Library Support
Requirements?

   - iround(cr1) | int
   - itrunc(cr1) | int

The motivation in asking this is two-fold:

   1. I don't see either of these functions listed in the Standard Library.
   Perhaps this is just old documentation, or I am not looking in the right
   place. Instead, I do find lround() and truncl().
   2. One of the design goals of Boost.Autodiff (WIP) is to satisfy all of
   the requirements on this page, and these are the only two which I am unable
   to satisfy for the above reason.

If someone were to update this page, or otherwise advise on how to
reconcile, it would be appreciated so that the Boost.Autodiff
<https://github.com/pulver/autodiff> library could accurately claim to
satisfy 100% of Boost's Real Number Type requirements.

Best regards,
Matt