Subject: Re: [boost] Is there interest in an "iofiber" library?
From: Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira (vini.ipsmaker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-01-05 07:56:53

Em sex, 4 de jan de 2019 às 21:16, David Sankel <camior_at_[hidden]> escreveu:

> This may be a dumb question, but could ASIO's stackful coroutine
> completion token be extended to have

I could change ASIO's stackful coroutine completion token to have the
functionality I need (maybe with some small breakage), but I don't want to
increase the burden maintenance on Chris' back. That's basically the
motivation to avoid sending a PR and starting a new lib.

Maybe other problems would be:

   - The dependency on C++11 (e.g. fiber objects are move-only handles just
   like thread objects). ASIO is a C++98 library.
   - Scope-creep within ASIO?

the functionality you need?

I'm not the only one who needs this functionality. I'm not the only one
avoiding Boost.Fiber because integration with ASIO is problematic. I'm not
the only one reinventing thread patterns and cancellation patterns on top
of ASIO's completion token. Others are doing it independently.

--
Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira
https://vinipsmaker.github.io/