Subject: Re: [boost] async_read SEGFAULT
From: Richard Hodges (hodges.r_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-01-07 10:23:48

Yes, you will need separate buffers for read and write. Even without
multi-threading, since it's entirely possible to have an async_read in
progress at the same time as an async_write on the same socket.

For multiple threads, host a
`asio::strand<asio::io_context::executor_type>` in each io object (server,
connection, client).

Bind all the class's handlers to that strand (see my example above). The
strand behaves like an extremely efficient mutex, with respect to handler
invocation, for your object.