Subject: Re: [boost] boost log to display source code name and lines
From: David Sankel (camior_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-01-07 23:10:49

On Sun, Jan 6, 2019, 4:05 PM hh h <jupiter.hce_at_[hidden] wrote:

> Not yet, currently I only use the log file for debugging purpose, but
> it'll be beneficial to use log analytics tool to monitor the system
> and check security. Are you using any log analytics tools?

Yes, that's the primary way we ingest and view logs. Unfortunately there
doesn't seem to be any open source options that meet our requirement.

My thought is that the future lies in these log aggregation tools
(hopefully open source) and the log output file style doesn't matter that
much. I'd very much like to see the standard library include logging of
some sort so the industry can share APIs that log.

The last time I checked out Boost.Log it struck me as overly complicated
for engineering use cases, but that was several years ago. The
documentation at least heavily depended on an anonymous function EDSL.