Subject: [boost] Boost wiki - revised Boost guidance for authors on Warnings - RFC
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-01-08 15:19:59

As promised at the end of a long (hijacked!) thread on 'Warnings'

http://boost.2283326.n4.nabble.com/Current-Guidance-on-Compiler-Warnings-td4706165.html

starting from a query by Brian Kuhl of Wind River on Boost's policy on compiler warnings, I have spent some time revising the
previous guidance document on Trac that I edited many years ago.

This was a long and tedious task as Markdown, as most conveniently used on Github, is rather different from the mark-up language on
Trac, leaving me slightly in fumble mode :-(

I have made some updates en passant, but there is still much to do updating for the much improved granularity of warning suppression
and perhaps more about other code improvement tools like Lint, UBSan.

The overall structure leaves a lot to be desired, but I don't want to put any more work into this without some encouragement that it
will prove useful.

I have posted the result of my efforts on

https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Guidelines:-Warnings

and I am as promised I am starting this new thread on warning for your comments, corrections, condemnations etc.

HTH

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow