Subject: Re: [boost] Integer sorting
From: Fenil Mehta (fenilgmehta_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-01-20 17:21:41

Hi,

I am Fenil Mehta, a 3rd year Computer Science and Engineering student.

ir_sort::integer_sort for different size of integers and various array
lengths with various sorting algorithms of boost to my GitHub[1].
I have also added the explanation of basic working to my GitHub[1]

For arrays of large objects, I have made an improvement which is more
efficient as compared to any sorting algorithm I have ever tried (including
ska_sort, std::sort, boost::sort::spreadsort::integer_sort,
boost::sort::pdqsort, boost::sort::spinsort,
boost::sort::flat_stable_sort). It is about two times faster than ska_sort,
spreadsort, pdqsort and five times faster than std::sort, spinsort,
flat_stable_sort.

>From my knowledge and the learning's of past six months by working on this
sorting project(ir_sort), I have few more optimizations in mind which would
improve the sorting speed even more.

I would like to contribute to this organization in view of GSoC(Google
Summer of Code) 2019. It would be great if someone could mentor me
regarding the improved sorting algorithm that I have written in C++14.

[1] GitHub link: https://github.com/fenilgmehta/Fastest-Integer-Sort

Regards,
Fenil Mehta