Subject: Re: [boost] building, debugging and contributing to an individual boost library
From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-02-16 17:59:57

On Sat, Feb 16, 2019 at 3:42 AM Sean Farrow via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Secondly, how can I build, run and debug tests using visual studio?

I can't speak for all libraries, but Boost.Beast has strong support
for Visual Studio, as it is the environment which I do all of my
development on. The CMakeLists.txt in beast is hand-crafted to give
the best possible solution and project files, where sources are
grouped logically into folders. The entire include/boost/beast
directory is mapped into a folder in each project so you can browse
and search conveniently. For example:

<https://github.com/boostorg/beast/blob/d43d9421a40c0251614bc45ea6dcf921a3dbaf37/test/beast/core/CMakeLists.txt#L10>

The tests are also designed to output to the Visual Studio Output
window if ::IsDebuggerAttached() returns TRUE, for additional
convenience. And finally the tests enable the CRT Debug Heap tracking
to provide leak reports on exit.

Hope this helps!