Subject: Re: [boost] building, debugging and contributing to an individual boost library
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-02-17 13:29:07

On Sun, 17 Feb 2019, 14:10 Bjorn Reese via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]
wrote:

> On 2/17/19 7:23 AM, Sean Farrow via Boost wrote:
>
> > Also, is there a way of forking boost completely, or should I just fork
> individual libraries?
>
> I usually checkout/clone all of boost, and then fork the individual
> library that I want to contribute to.
>
> In general, individual boost libraries are best build from within
> the entire boost tree. You can use symbolic links to your fork, but I
> prefer to use a bit of git magic instead.

FYI, some libraries allow 'lightweight' development setup: clone only
library you want to contribute to and test it using Boost libraries
installed from (fairly recent) release package.

E. G. Such workflow is allowed for GIL and, AFAIU, Beast and perhaps others
too. Hopefully you'll be able to find details in respective CONTRIBUTING.md
files.

Mateusz Loskot, mateusz_at_[hidden]
(Sent from mobile)