Subject: [boost] A Unicode library?
From: Can Topal (canonurt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-02-26 14:07:18

Hello everyone,

Since I regularly work with Unicode text, I have started to design a
Unicode library for handling UTF 8,16 and 32. The current support in C++ is
still limited.

Mainly I'm trying to implement a STL like support for file reading/writing,
I/O operations and memory storage. So a user could read/write and process
Unicode text like an ASCII string without knowing how the text is encoded.

I thought people might have use for it. Even though libraries like ICU
exist, they aren't beginner friendly and I couldn't find one with decent
support for I/O.

Is there demand for this? And if so do you guys have any suggestions?

Thank you.

- Onur