Subject: Re: [boost] Interested in working on Boost.GIL
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-03-01 21:21:03

On Fri, 1 Mar 2019 at 21:44, AvZ NaV via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hello,
> I am Arnav Tiwari, a sophomore year undergraduate student of IIT Kharagpur.
> I am interested in working on Boost.GIL. I have prior experience in image
> processing and C++ so I feel I will be able to pick up the project and get
> to work quickly. I would really appreciate it if someone can point me in
> the right direction to get started.

Here are a few references you should find useful
while working on your proposal:

1. I suggest you to read through the Boost GSoC overview,
especially the "What students should do now" section
and pages linked from there

https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code%3A-Overview

2. Add overview of your proposal to Boost.GIL section here
https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code:-2019

3. Check GIL's README; you may consider subscribing to
boost-gil list and joining the Gitter room
https://github.com/boostorg/gil/blob/develop/README.md#community

4. Become familar with GIL's development guidelines
https://github.com/boostorg/gil/blob/develop/CONTRIBUTING.md

> I hope I'm not spamming the mailing list, apologies if that is the case.

No, you are not.

If you have any specific question related to any of those resources,
please, do not hesitate to ask!

Good luck!

Best regards,