Subject: Re: [boost] [Release] Boost 1.70.0 Beta 1 Release Candidate 2
From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-03-11 22:25:13

Steven Watanabe wrote:

> a) The extension should be stripped unconditionally: lib-names =
> $(lib-names:S=) ;

Doesn't seem so simple. I stripped the suffixes in boost-install, then tried
to `boost_install boost_zlib` in the Iostreams Jamfile when ZLIB_SOURCE is
set, but it doesn't work, because the target isn't called `boost_zlib`, it's
`boost_zlib.1`.

> > What's the intended path forward (in general, not specifically for the
> > CMake configurations) when a second Boost library wants to use zlib and
> > bzip2?
>
> I'm not sure. Before boost_install, I would have said that it will Just
> Work (TM).

Wouldn't it hit the `errror` at

https://github.com/boostorg/build/blob/develop/src/tools/zlib.jam#L162

?