Subject: Re: [boost] [Release] Boost 1.70.0 Beta 1 Release Candidate 2
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-03-12 00:00:41

AMDG

On 3/11/19 5:22 PM, Peter Dimov via Boost wrote:
> Steven Watanabe wrote:
>
>> IOStreams shouldn't refer to boost_zlib.  It should use /zlib//zlib...
>
> Yes, I belatedly figured that part out, too. This works:
>
> https://github.com/boostorg/iostreams/commit/703e9a077b899417ead9fb6c35db8f03b41247b6
>

>> conditioned only on NO_ZLIB/NO_COMPRESSION.
>
> Well, no. If zlib is not built from source, we shouldn't be installing a
> CMake configuration file for boost_zlib.

Ah. I forgot the details of boost-install.
I was thinking that the cmake files were
based on virtual-targets instead of main-targets.
Also, checking ZLIB_SOURCE is wrong, because
the path can also be specified in user-config.jam.

> Although... maybe we should, as long as it somehow refers in its
> IMPORTED_LOCATION to the preinstalled library. Will this work?

We still need to indicate the dependency on zlib
somehow, right. If we don't create a boost_zlib.cmake
file, then we'll need find_dependency(ZLIB) or
something similar.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe