Subject: Re: [boost] Master branch open for merging
From: Hans Dembinski (hans.dembinski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-03-13 17:04:20

> On 13. Mar 2019, at 15:46, Marshall Clow via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> The master branch is is now open for post-beta merges, but only as
> described in the Post-Beta Merge Policy. See <
> https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Releases%3A-Beta-Merge-Policy>

I ask for permission to merge this change to the master of Boost.Histogram:

https://github.com/boostorg/histogram/commit/90882ac086e8cec2a369c77c78f38d6beed089d5

boost::histogram::axis::variant is using boost::variant internally as an implementation detail (we want to be able to change it in the future). While working on the Python wrapper for Boost.Histogram, an ambiguity was discovered in the visit function in this design. The ambiguity is resolved by using composition instead of private inheritance, which also simplifies the code.

Best regards,
Hans