Subject: Re: [boost] MSVC 2019 and 1.70 beta
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-03-14 12:50:05

>> > Build support for VS 2019 RC (msvc-14.2) is on develop in boost
>> build. > Do we want to merge that to master for the release?
>>
>> I think we do. 1.70 and 2019 will release at about the same time.
>
> In fact looking at the calendar, 2019 will release (Apr 2) just before
> 1.70 is closed for release (Apr 3.)

My vote would be that we ship unofficial build support for VS2019, but
make it very clear in the release notes that nothing was tested in the
1.70 release for VS2019, and stuff may not work there.

Unless maintainers wish to declare that they have tested their library
on VS2019 (I have, for Outcome, it failed on VS2019, I added a workaround).

Niall