Subject: Re: [boost] [release] Boost 1.70.0 Beta 1 is now available
From: Rainer Deyke (rainerd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-03-19 15:08:31

On 19.03.19 12:40, degski via Boost wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Mar 2019 at 11:44, Rainer Deyke via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>
>> Boost.Test is broken when cross-compiling for Windows on Linux using a
>> case-sensitive file system because it #includes <Windows.h> instead of
>> <windows.h>
>>

> The correct header should be/is 'Windows.h', it's capitalized, MinGW has a
> similar problem, IIRC.

It's not capitalized in the 30 instances of '#include <windows.h>' in
Boost header files, including 3 from Boost.Test, and it's not
capitalized on my file system. It's also not capitalized on the
Wikipedia page, it's not /consistently/ capitalized by Microsoft
themselves, and even Microsoft are switching to lower case where
portability matters: see
https://github.com/Microsoft/WinObjC/commit/9e55e2a7cb67fe9a4b3fffb491f7eb621c4ca0b5.

--
Rainer Deyke (rainerd_at_[hidden])