Subject: [boost] [Process] Proposed solution for posix pipes staying open
From: Bills, Jason M (jason.m.bills_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-03-21 19:36:11

Hello,

I'm new to Boost and looking for some help on the right process to
propose patches.

I'm running in an embedded Linux environment (OpenBMC) using Boost
1.69.0 and just switched a couple of std::system() calls to
boost::process::system() calls. After making this change, I noticed
that each time my process executed the bp::system() call, I would get an
extra pipe fd in my /proc/<pid>/fd list.

I did some debugging and have found a possible solution for this issue
in the Boost.Process posix headers that I would like to propose. What
is the right forum or process to post my patch (post it here, github
pull request, etc.)?

Thanks!
-Jason