Subject: Re: [boost] questions about boost multiprecision
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-03-22 09:42:23

Someone with superior knowledge has already answered your main query.

Google 'knew'.

(It does reveal that the auto-indexing needs manual help

- trying

https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_69_0/libs/multiprecision/doc/html/boost_multiprecision/indexes/s04.html#idx_id_75

does not yield any references to overflow :-(
)

None of our documentation tools has yet to solve this sort of need well.

> Spending some time on this makes me appreciate what an incredibly
> ambitious accomplishment this is. It's really unbelievable. I would be
> curious how frequently various parts of the package are used.

But I can also assure you from some buglets that have crept out of the woodwork, that some people are making surprisingly
sophisticated use of this package.

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow