Subject: Re: [boost] [review][variant2] Variant2 Review Starts April 1
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-03-25 16:32:46

On Mon, 25 Mar 2019 at 17:18, dariomt--- via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> ... as I would expect many more current users of the venerable
> boost::variant than of its much younger cousin std::variant.

Why do you expect that and do you think that will stay that way? My
personal feeling is that C++17-use is picking up at break-neck speed. For
good or for worse, although there appears to be a lot of controversy over a
(any) variant [and there are quite some quite different implementations
around], the std::variant is the one in the std, which seems to give it a
head start. In my view there can only be one objective with boost varant2,
and that is if it is decided [here] that it is (much) better than the
current std::variant, the C++20 std::variant should be/become the proposed
boost::variant2.

degski

--
*Microsoft, please kill Paint3D*