Subject: Re: [boost] Regarding BOOST.Astronomy
From: Ruchika Joshi (ruchikajoshi266_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-03-29 16:30:24

On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 2:01 AM sarthak2007 via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> Am I considering it right that similar to image.hpp I have to create one
> file
> for binary table and one for ascii table to store the data?

It depends on how you chose to implement the scheme to store the data.

> In this I have
> to use the fact that in ascii table the data values will be ascii
> characters
> and in binary table the data value will be a byte(i.e. 8 bits) and both
> will
> have their data array as two-dimensional.

Binary data does not always need to be of 8 bits

For the astronomical coordinate conversion part I am considering
> Horizontal-Equatorial,Ecliptical-Equatorial, Equatorial-Galactic
> conversions
> using different transforms. Is there something more that need to be done
> and
> am I considering it in the right way?

You are considering it right but there are lot more classes(whole hierarchy
of coordinate systems) that need an update for Boost.Units.

--
Thank you,
Ruchika Joshi