Subject: Re: [boost] [GSOD] Looking for mentors and projects
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-04-02 16:25:42

On 4/2/19 8:50 AM, Pranam Lashkari via Boost wrote:
> Do we have any active maintainer from boost.units? I am one of the users of
> boost.units and I think it requires some more documentation.
>
> Thank you,
> Pranam Lashkari

It would be fantastic if someone could address this. But be warned -
it's a very hard job!

a) You need a systematic way to approach it as I've been advocating.
b) You need the active collaboration of the current maintainer. I
believe that this would be Stephan Watanabe. (aka obiwan watanabe). I
believe this is necessary because any serious effort to improve the
documenation will smoke out some alterations required of the underlying
library and the maintainer's collaboration will be required.
c) Some talent for expressing ideas in a clear manner
d) Dedication to finishing the task.
d) mentor/critic to keep you steered in the right direction.

Good Luck

Robert Ramey