Subject: Re: [boost] [variant2] Andrzej's review -- design
From: Mike (mike.dev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-04-04 06:56:28

> Going back to variant, in one case, we are defining an empty state,
   which
> forces the user to provide explicit handling for that state,
   *everywhere*.
   You keep repeating that the user would have to explicitly handle that
   everywhere. I thought I just showed you that this is not the case.
   Except for visit, you don't have to explicitly handle the valueless
   state at all and even in the case of visit, you might be fine with
   std::visit just throwing an exception, because that is indeed an
   exceptional circumstance.
   I don't see this *everywhere* at all.
   Best
   Mike