Subject: [boost] Regarding Boost.Astronomy GSoC19
From: sarthak2007 (singhalsarthak2007_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-04-04 10:54:25

Hello,
For the competency test I had used quantity<length> of boost::units in place
of double to store the values of coordinates with their units. But in
project we have to deal with boost::geometry.
One way it can be done is that whenever we use functions for dot product,
cross product, etc. directly from boost::geometry then we just pass the
values of coordinates in them instead of units. There will be no problem
considering units in calculations as boost::units convert the values stored
into SI units so all the calculations will be involving coordinates with SI
units. But then we will have to change the way of storage of coordinates as
boost::geometry can't be used to store coordinates(with units) as it does
not support units. Is it the right approach or there is some nicer way to
implement this?

Thank you,
Sarthak Singhal

--