Subject: Re: [boost] Regarding Boost.Astronomy GSoC19 proposal review
From: Ruchika Joshi (ruchikajoshi266_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-04-07 19:29:19

On Sun, Apr 7, 2019 at 9:50 AM sarthak2007 via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> I apologize for that. I thought that I have to include everything written
> on
> boost GSoC site.

Conversion system is nowhere mentioned on the idea page.

> But after considering the complications and so much testing
> you told regarding implementing units in the coordinate system, I feel that
> the part for units should be given more time. So according to you which is
> the more important part between conversion among different coordinate
> systems and FITS file handling.

At this point, there is no implementation for the astronomical coordinate
system available. It has to be implemented from scratch. But there are
conversions available for euclidian system thanks to boost.geometry. So
when you integrate units in the existing coordinate system basic
conversions will be available automatically.

Should I remove fits part from GSoC period
> or coordinate conversion part or should I cover some of the coordinate
> conversion part and anyone extension for FITS file in the GSoC period?

You should choose whatever you are more comfortable with. If you think you
can work fast and are able to complete things early then you can include a
section in your proposal like "if I finish early" where you can include
secondary ideas. This way you can have all the ideas in your proposal but
still, the proposal will have a good estimate of work.

I had checked before submitting the final proposal that it is editable.

good.

--
Thank you,
Ruchika Joshi