Subject: Re: [boost] [boostorg/python] Building against multiple python implementations broken on 1.70 (#262)
From: Stefan Seefeld (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-04-15 00:20:16

On 2019-04-14 7:50 p.m., Peter Dimov wrote:

> I'll need to look into this. Apparently, |FindBoost.cmake| solves this
> by forcing the user to specify the version in |find_package(Boost
> COMPONENTS python27)|, but the CMake configuration files installed by
> 1.70 only take |find_package(Boost COMPONENTS python)|, so multiple
> versions installed at the same time are a problem.
>
> In the meantime, you can add |--no-cmake-config| to your |b2 install|
> command line to skip the installation of CMake configuration files,
> which ought to give you the 1.69 behavior back.

This is *exactly* the kind of situation I was afraid of when I argued
strongly against adding CMake support to my own projects: Before I had
to deal with B2 issues that I had difficulties resolving myself. Now I
have to deal with B2 *and* CMake issues, being even more dependent on
others.

That's not my definition of progress.

Stefan