Subject: Re: [boost] [doc][geometry][gil][signals] Broken links for Boost 1.70
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-04-16 00:10:12

Mateusz Loskot Via Boost wrote:
> On https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_70_0/
> links to these documentations are broken:
>
> https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_70_0/libs/geometry/index/doc/html/index.html
> https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_70_0/libs/geometry/extensions/doc/html/index.html
> https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_70_0/libs/gil/doc/html/index.html
> https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_70_0/libs/signals/
>
> Could anyone help to identify what is going wrong with those
> and how to fix it?

Regarding Geometry, we're discussing it here:
https://github.com/boostorg/geometry/issues/585
The issue was introduced after I attempted to fix failures reported in
our regression testing due to lack of metadata for sublibraries:
https://github.com/boostorg/geometry/issues/575
To make things worse I also made a mistake and pushed extensions
directory which should be only in develop branch into master branch.

I already attempted to fix this by modifying the redirection in
index.html files of sublibs:
https://github.com/boostorg/geometry/commit/70994a3a320440d040925247d637480e5251334a
and I'm waiting for the develop and master versions of documentation to
update to see if it works, e.g.:
https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/develop/#lib-geometry

Since we're on this subject. Is is possible to hide a sublib from being
displayed on this list? During the discussion about the issue (585) we
noticed that the script generating the documentation supports some kind
of hiding of libraries (see:
https://github.com/boostorg/website/blame/master/doc/libraries.json.php#L15-L21)
but we do not know if it's possible to hide specific sublibs and how to
do it.

Adam