Subject: Re: [boost] Making two Boost libraries interoperate
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-04-24 17:54:50

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 11:45 AM Robert Ramey via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 4/24/19 8:56 AM, Joaquin M López Muñoz via Boost wrote:
>

> > Not sure if this helps, but the way I did it in Boost.Flyweight is by
> > isolating all serialization code
> > in a separate header:
> >

> https://www.boost.org/libs/flyweight/doc/reference/flyweight.html#serialize_synopsis
>
> This does help! or it would help if our dependency tools understood
> this. In particular flyweight library is not dependent on the
> serialization libraries. Only apps which use the flyweight library AND
> the serialization library are dependent on the serialization library.
> Our notion of "dependency" obscures this.

It's only "our notion" in the sense that they mirror the notion of
dependencies that users of *external* package managers, dependency
managers, and users thereof have. I.e. it's things like vcpkg, conan, cget,
nix, and many more that use the "modular" level dependency view.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything