Subject: Re: [boost] CMake, modular Boost, and other stories
From: David Sankel (camior_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-04-26 21:58:36

On Tue, Apr 23, 2019, 12:41 PM Peter Dimov via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> That is, only support
>
> find_package(Boost COMPONENTS filesystem)
>
> and drop
>
> find_package(boost_filesystem)
>
> Thoughts?

+1. Aside from the other benefits mentioned:

- for better or worse this is the already established Boost CMake user API.
If we make a second, competing API both will need to be effectively
supported forever. Doesn't seem worth it.

- while some have proposed that Boost become simply an award we attach to
libraries that are good enough, that certainly isn't what we have now or
will have in the foreseeable future. Boost is a thing you can download,
install, and use. Components are a great fit for Boost.