Subject: Re: [boost] CMake, modular Boost, and other stories
From: mike.dev_at_[hidden]
Date: 2019-04-27 16:53:29

Exactly the opposite: I as a user of boost need to decide if and how I
compile and install boost (if there are multiple choices at all) and I,
the user need to make sure, my build script finds the version of a
library I intended it to find.

And it *may* (I emphasize the may) make sense to give the user the ability
to distinguish between libraries that have been built and installed via
b2 (most likely starting from a regular boost distribution) and libraries
that have been downloaded standalone from github and compiled/installed
via cmake.

Best

Mike