Subject: [boost] [boost-ci] Extended list of branches allowed to build
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-05-03 15:48:45

Hi,

This is to inform maintainers and contributors about little
proposal I made to the common CI infrastructure maintained
by James

https://github.com/boostorg/boost-ci/pull/11

The comments should explain rationale behind extending the
common naming convention to enable CI builds for topic
branches (w/o changing branch filters in .travis.yml etc.).
The PR has now been merged.

I'd like to encourage mainainers who use the boost-ci setup
to pull the update into the libraries.

It may also be helpful to put a note in CONTRIBUTING.md or
README.md to let contributors know that if they wish to test
their contributions on their own CI accounts prior submitting
it as PR, they should name their topic branches with prefixes:
feature/*, fix/* or pr/*

I hope this simple change to boost-ci would be adopted by
across Boost libraries and make some contributors' life esier.

"What would be great for one off contributors like me is
if all CI scripts would support testing of feature branches
in forked repositories by default."
- from #boost at cpplang.slack.com

Best regards,

Fingerprint=C081 EA1B 4AFB 7C19 38BA  9C88 928D 7C2A BB2A C1F2