From: pbristow_at_[hidden]
Date: 2019-07-29 08:50:33

I have another suggestion.

We already have the inspect program written in C++ which 'parses' and emits an html report on missing copyright (and many other transgressions of Boot guidelines).

See https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/release/tools/inspect/inspect.cpp

and copyright_check.cpp and .hpp

I suspect that this could easily be altered to add an output to a file of copyright authors(s) and date(s) in whatever format and file type is easiest for Debian to deal with.

For example a test file containing
Library_name
Author(s)_name Copyright_Date(s)

The build tools are in

I:\boost\tools\inspect

If this works, I feel we could use this updated version in Boost itself. Other packagers and those needing to jump through copyright and GDPR hoops might find helpful.

This would avoid a paroxysm in our extensive CI system 😊

Paul

Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse
Kendal, Cumbria