From: Brad Johnson (sysadmin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-10-10 16:04:03

>On 10/10/2019 10:30 AM, Paul A Bristow via Boost wrote:

Hello all.

First, details are headed separately to Edward for the reasons behind this particular message being flagged.

The mailing list employs several methods to try to prevent messages other than those deemed permissible by list owners from reaching list members. This starts with restrictions on who may post to the list, moderation under certain circumstances, and restrictions on the SMTP server following current best practices. Any one of those settings or utilities may restrict posting or flag messages in headers or subject modifications.

Mailman allows the list owners to determine next actions for messages flagged by the system. As we all noted with Edward’s post, for this list, those messages will flow through unchanged.

Thus far the “knobs” have provided the protection desired for the list. Via this email address, those responsible for maintaining the settings can be reached if there are any concerns or suggestions. It is certainly not the admins desire or intent to have Edward or any of the rest of the community wonder about their posts to this list. We will gladly provide details and take suggestions from the community on how to best serve the community with the services we help administer.

Regards,

Brad Johnson