From: Francisco José Tapia (fjtapia_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-10-20 11:24:06

Hi Malte,
I am Francisco Tapia, one of the co-authors of the Sort library.
We will examine your algorithm. But we must examine the internal parts of
the algorithm, and evaluate the correctness of the algorithm, how is
implemented the worst case and a couple of details. After, we check the
speed with the benchmarks used in the library, with several sets of data.
Since the near sorted to the fully unsorted, and from the single numbers to
structs with heavy comparison functions.

Now, I am overburdened by work, and I can't revise until December. But we
will do and provide to you a reasoned response, and according to it, decide
the inclusion or not in the library.
As commented by Phil Endecott, the most interesting now is the parallel
algorithms. Today, we don't have any parallel algorithm based on radix sort
or any other hybrid algorithm.
Because with small sets of data the differences are insignificant. But when
you have big sets of data, use parallel algorithms, and then, the new
single thread algorithms are in the middle, in the no man's land.

If you have any doubt or question, contact me, and I will try to answer you.