From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-10-22 22:14:43

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 2:53 PM Gavin Lambert via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> It's not a good reason for not using it as a private member, to avoid
> reimplementing the variant-storage concept.
> (Though there may be other good reasons for that.)

I didn't reimplement the variant-storage concept, I used a union. This
does away with all the unnecessary baggage of having to support
arbitrary types with arbitrary exception specifications. In my case
the notional "variant" is always instantiated with the same types,
thus avoiding bulk in the headers.

A goal of this JSON library is to have very fast compilations, I have
avoided templates wherever possible (especially in the vocabulary
types) and when there are member function templates I have used
techniques to reduce the number and size of instantiations.

Thanks