From: Peter Bartlett (pete_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-10-25 11:25:39

On Thu, 24 Oct 2019 at 17:47, Robert Ramey via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

>> I want to detect whether or not the -no_exception compile time flag
>> has been used on gcc/clang. Will BOOST_NO_EXCEPTIONS do this? If not
>> is there something I can use?
>
>A look at the code or a simple Google search allows to answer these
questions.
>Boost.Config will define BOOST_NO_EXCEPTIONS if it is not already defined
and it detects that the compiler has exceptions disabled.

Also, If you (Robert) would reverse your decision from 2009 and just let
boost::serialization::throw_exception == boost::throw_exception rather than
being a copy of the 2002-2009 version, then you won't have to think about
these config things - the upstream library does it for you!

It seems a bit glasshouses to tell a Boost.JSON to depend Boost.Sprit when
you yourself won't accept even this relatively trivial dependency on
Boost.ThrowException :-)

Pete