From: JH (jupiter.hce_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-10-31 04:02:41

Hi,

I am using boost asio TCP socket in my device application for network
connection in Linux platform.

I am troubled currently by long TCP tmeout issues in a device to
switch application between WiFi and 4G LTE.

If my application TCP was connected via 4G LTE initially, when WiFi is
available, the network is switched to WiFi, but the application TCP
connection would have 30 minutes timeout before it terminated the 4G
LTE and reconnects to WiFi. That 30 minutes is too long.

I checked TCP document for TCP_USER_TIMEOUT:

TCP_USER_TIMEOUT
Decreasing user timeouts allows applications to "fail fast", if so
desired. Otherwise, failure may take up to 20 minutes with the
current system defaults in a normal WAN environment.

My question is, in boost asio socket, is there an API to change
TCP_USER_TIMEOUT?

Appreciate if showing an example or point me to a document how to do it.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

- jh