From: Alexander Grund (alexander.grund_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-11-06 10:10:47

Hi,

I'm a user of (a fork of) Boost.Nowide and already fixed some issues I
found and was looking into getting them upstream.

I also wanted to know, if it is finally in Boost. Unfortunately this
does not seem to be the case. I found
https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost//2017/06/236475.php which
accepted it into Boost. This is from mid-2017 and nothing has happened
since.

Does anyone know what the status of Boost.Nowide is? It seems the
filestream parts are now incorporated into Boost.FileSystem. So it seems
only cin/cout/cerr, the args wrapper and the C-functions (fopen, ...)
are missing. Especially the first 2 are very useful in writing
cross-platform code.

Might those be integrated into some other Boost Library?

Thanks,
Alex