From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-11-17 16:57:11

Robert Ramey wrote:

> Implementing JSON for boost serialization wouldn't be very hard. I'm
> surprised that in 15? years no one has done it.

Your second sentence should make you at least question the first one.

The problem is as I already outlined; if you want to support field
reordering, you need a JSON library like the one proposed, because you have
to parse the entire JSON into a `value` and then deserialize from the
`value`.

If you don't support field reordering, the format would basically only
interoperate with itself, which defeats the purpose of using JSON. You might
as well just use the text archive.