From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-11-17 18:51:11

I've been maintaining the Boost Library Incubator (www.blincubator.com)
for some years now. Maintaining is sort of mis-nomer since it not
required any change for years now. I never, ever touch it. I was
painful to get to that point though.

My motivation is the continuing evolution of github which I believe has
come to embody almost of the goals I've had for the inclubator. I would
like a couple of tweaks to git hub - or maybe just some changes in our
usage of it. For example I'd like to see us proliferate the tags #Boost
and #ProposedForBoost to help us search stuff but basically I believe
that it has made boost library incubator obsolete.

So I'm inclined to terminate it when the domain comes up for renewal the
next time. Currently it has about 200 page views / day. I don't really
know how much of that a bots/rss feeds and the like. I do you a service
which detects and filters out almost all the obvious bogus hits, but
still one never knows.

BTW - the tipping point for me is the addition of "sponsership" to
github. This looks to be the realization of an idea which I've promoted
for many years in one for or another. I would like to successful open
source project developers and maintainers get rewarded financially
rewarded for their efforts and I see that git hub promoters seem to
share this view - and they're in a position to move it toward reality.

When I can't sleep at night, I imagine that microsoft looked at the
incubator and copied features from it into the git hub. Feels like I'm
dreaming so I don't feel like I'm awake anymore.

Robert Ramey