From: Raffi Enficiaud (raffi.enficiaud_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-11-24 10:19:17

On 23.11.19 20:19, Michael Caisse via Boost wrote:
> On 11/21/19 12:01, Raffi Enficiaud via Boost wrote:
>> On 21.11.19 17:37, Michael Caisse via Boost wrote:
>>> The master branch is is now open for post-beta merges, but only as
>>> described in the Post-Beta Merge Policy.
>>>
>>> See <https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Releases%3A-Beta-Merge-Policy>
>>>

>> I would like to merge this changes to master
>>
>> https://github.com/boostorg/test/compare/ed04b2a5e64e428755986b52d84e002723f0e810..aaacf00faa3238d8a65cf76689789825104edd92
>>
>> Tests green.
>>

> Do we have testers that disable RTTI?
>
> The change_log notes indicate that there is better "diagnostics for
> boost::exception and no rtti mode". Do you know when this improvement
> entered Boost?

Thanks for the feedback. If this merge contains changes that can be
problematic, I can split it up and get the bugfix "# [github_issue 206]
compile-time disabled test not correctly handled by junit log" alone
instead.

Concerning the RTTI, I do not know about any runners. Maybe somebody has
an idea?

The change itself forwards the creation of the error message/diagnostic
to boost::exception, now unconditionally to the RTTI support. The error
message is created by "boost::diagnostic_information" in

/libs/exception/include/boost/exception/diagnostic_information.hpp

There I can see several #ifndef BOOST_NO_RTTI / #endif and my
understanding is that boost::exception library already handles the
NO_RTTI case better than boost.test.
All in all I believe this change is safe.

Let me know what you think. If this is too risky, let me know if I can
merge the other bugfix.

Best,
Raffi