From: Raffi Enficiaud (raffi.enficiaud_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-11-25 20:31:44

On 07.11.19 21:10, Peter Dimov via Boost wrote:
> We need a policy on phasing out C++03 support in Boost.
>
> C++03 support is holding us back. It impedes development, increases
> maintenance costs, increases dependencies, and increases compilation times.
>
> Library authors and maintainers need to have an approved mechanism for
> dropping C++03 support in their libraries.
>
> The suggested way forward is to allow library authors to declare C++03
> support deprecated via a notice in the documentation and a message
> issued at compile time, then be allowed to drop C++03 support no earlier
> than three Boost releases later.
>
> For instance, a library may declare C++03 support deprecated in Boost
> 1.73, and drop it no earlier than in Boost 1.76.
>
> More at https://pdimov.github.io/articles/phasing_out_cxx03.html.

Perfectly fine with me/boost.test. *BUT* I see a lot of internal
dependencies on boost.test and it looks to me that some of those
libraries are not actively maintained.

Would the CMT be taking care of that? Should the libraries be moved to
boost.lightweighttest or should it be a copy of boost.test inside each
of the libraries?

Thanks,
Raffi