From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-11-26 20:23:18

On Tue, Nov 26, 2019 at 9:52 AM Peter Dimov via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> If you want an implementation-detail CMakeLists.txt file, full of bad
> practices and only useful to you, put that in a directory somewhere.

Hmm... no, that doesn't seem to work. I tried moving the top level
CMakeLists.txt to tools/CMakeLists.txt, and changing the calls to
add_subdirectory to:

    add_subdirectory (../bench)
    add_subdirectory (../example)
    add_subdirectory (../test)

Then from bin/ I type:

    cmake ../tools

And I get these errors:

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:151 (add_subdirectory):
  add_subdirectory not given a binary directory but the given source
  directory "C:/Users/vinnie/src/boost/libs/json/bench" is not a subdirectory
  of "C:/Users/vinnie/src/boost/libs/json/tools". When specifying an
  out-of-tree source a binary directory must be explicitly specified.

Thanks