From: Zach Laine (whatwasthataddress_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-12-02 18:00:05

On Fri, Nov 29, 2019 at 6:15 PM Vinnie Falco via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 29, 2019 at 4:06 PM Tim Song via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > The extent to which an implementation determines that a type cannot be an
> > > input iterator is unspecified, except that as a minimum integral types
> > > shall not qualify as input iterators.
>
> Wow, nice bit of archeological work there! Agustin right again, as usual.

I don't think that's the take-away. "unspecified" does not mean that a
good implementation only checks that the type is not an integral type. It
just means that they don't document whatever they do, as they would with
"implementation-defined". It also does not mean that a Boost library
(which is not an implementation) should accept "double" as an iterator!

Zach