From: Krystian Stasiowski (sdkrystian_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-12-04 20:55:51

On Wed, Dec 4, 2019 at 1:24 PM Peter Dimov via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> Yes, probably. As I said, it's not clear that we should bother with it (I
> wouldn't), but it at least gives consistent space savings for all short
> strings.
>
> That said, one could use it for N < 32, when the size will be in the same
> cache line.

  What should I do? I can implement this, but since `size()` would be have
to be called as opposed to simply accessing the member (this already
happens, since a proxy function is used due to the specialization for zero
size, but it only returns the member each time so it is easily inlined), as
Andrey mentioned this may not be cache friendly.