From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-12-04 22:32:52

This is my review of the proposed fixed_string library.

Notes:

   - The list of member functions should include a full declaration so I
   know what's what. Other than that it does the job, though it would be nice
   to have a hierarchical TOC on the side for reference.

   - Add constexpr and noexcept where appropriate.

   - There was a discussion on whether or not resize should call
   boost::throw_exception. It should (as it does) because A) buffer overruns
   are gnarly and B) the overhead of the check is negligible, considering this
   is supposed to be a universal library.

   - Operator+ should be provided. I'm not sure whether it should use
   capacity N+M or something else, but all technical questions
   notwithstanding, users ought to be able to concatenate strings easily, e.g.
   if I want to add a "ms" to a number I shouldn't be jumping through hoops.

   - It's nice that the authors are concerned about physical coupling, but
   there are good reasons to provide (in addition) a single-header version
   (e.g. Godbolt).

My vote is to accept.