From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-12-04 22:32:52
This is my review of the proposed fixed_string library.
- The list of member functions should include a full declaration so I
know what's what. Other than that it does the job, though it would be nice
to have a hierarchical TOC on the side for reference.
- Add constexpr and noexcept where appropriate.
- There was a discussion on whether or not resize should call
boost::throw_exception. It should (as it does) because A) buffer overruns
are gnarly and B) the overhead of the check is negligible, considering this
is supposed to be a universal library.
- Operator+ should be provided. I'm not sure whether it should use
capacity N+M or something else, but all technical questions
notwithstanding, users ought to be able to concatenate strings easily, e.g.
if I want to add a "ms" to a number I shouldn't be jumping through hoops.
- It's nice that the authors are concerned about physical coupling, but
there are good reasons to provide (in addition) a single-header version
My vote is to accept.