From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-12-08 20:19:52

On Sun, 8 Dec 2019 at 18:38, Siddhartha Sen via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> What I meant by conversion, however was primarily converting an image to
> negative and greyscale.

GIL offers color conversion to/from grayscale as well as channel_invert.
You will have to read through the documentation and source code to see
if there is anything missing specific for your idea.

> As you may already know, the two pf them are pretty similar and
> OpenMP has shown how incredibly fast the process can be using
> more threads.
> I just feel GIL would benefit a lot from using parallel programming.

As I have already mentioned, here [1] and here [2], contributions to GIL
are welcome: if you have a use case for that and you'd like to
contribute it for GIL, then go for it and feel free to contribute to GIL .
You can propose it as an extension.

If you have any *specific* questions, I suggest you post them to boost-gil.

[1] https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2019/12/247687.php
[2] https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2019/12/247747.php

Best regards