From: Gavin Lambert (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-12-17 23:29:59

On 16/12/2019 19:46, I wrote:
> On 16/12/2019 17:46, Barrett Adair wrote:
>>> STLInterfaces is a C++14 library targeting ISO standardization. The
>>> following templates are provided, all C++20-friendly:
>>>
>>> 1. iterator_interface - a modern version of the iterator_facade and
>>> iterator_adaptor parts of Boost.Iterator
>>> 2. view_interface - a pre-C++20 implementation of C++20's eponymous
>>> feature
>>> 3. container_interface - a tool to eliminate boilerplate when writing
>>> new
>>> containers
>
> I'm probably not going to have time to do a proper review, however --
> it's already Christmas season.  [But I would like to see something like
> this in general to be accepted.  We're still a long way from a C++20
> world.]

After a bit more reading, a couple more points on the docs.

The iterator_interface tutorial specifies which members must be defined
in the derived class, but I fail to see anywhere where it indicates
which additional members will consequently be defined by the interface.

The container_interface tutorial does specify both, but it could
probably do with some additional headings to separate the tables (to aid
in finding the groups of operations that you're interested in),
especially since most of the tables themselves have identical captions.