From: Richard Hodges (hodges.r_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-04-07 10:20:50

On Tue, 7 Apr 2020 at 05:18, Robert Ramey via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> I'm going to come down on the side of those who suggest that you
> consider other database systems besides mysql.
>
> One suggestion for you: Think BIG!!!

I respectfully disagree, not in intent but in execution.

There is certainly room, and a need (IMHO) for a Universal Async-enabled
Database Client library in Boost. We are in full agreement there.

But I would argue that such a library ought to be built on the foundations
provided by single-domain libraries maintained by people to
understand those domains extremely well.

The hypothetical 'Boost.UniversalDataBaseClient' library could define
concepts to which the implementations in (say) 'Boost.MySql' is invited to
model.

In this way, someone who is familiar with (say) Postgress or SQLite can
easily bring a new implementation to the table.