From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-04-08 12:59:49

On 2020-04-04 17:50, Marshall Clow via Boost wrote:
> The deadline for major changes has passed.
>
> Upcoming dates:
> 8-Apr Boost 1.73.0 closed for beta
> ASAP Boost 1.73.0 beta
> 22-Apr Boost 1.73.0 closed for release
> ASAP Boost 1.73.0 release
>
> "ASAP", in this list, means "As soon as possible after the preceding
> milestone"

I have encountered an MSVC 14.2 codegen bug, which may result in crashes
of release builds of users' projects using Boost.Log matching filters
with Boost.Regex regular expressions.

I have committed a workaround in develop:

https://github.com/boostorg/log/commit/43b944da2e76ac9ca521cfe86060492532ca70f1

I'm waiting for the tests to cycle, but I'm not sure they manage to
complete today. I have tested the change locally. Would it be possible
to merge it to master early so that it makes it into the beta?