From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-04-13 18:21:23

On 4/13/2020 1:17 PM, Glen Fernandes via Boost wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 13, 2020 at 12:44 PM Edward Diener via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>> A number of libraries have code coverage/project tests in Github. I am
>> not against such tests but I am against the idea that "failing" such a
>> test, whatever that means, should prevent a PR from being merged into
>> a Boost library.
>
> Edward, are you referring to Boost libraries where a maintainer has
> specifically chosen to have Code Coverage part of the CI? Or are there
> libraries where the maintainer has not made this decision but their
> libraries CI automatically involve coverage because they use some
> shared CI configuration (boost-ci)?

I am just creating a valid PR for a Boost library. How that library uses
code coverage is not my problem. I just do not want the validity of a PR
being affected by how code coverage works for a library. I do realize
that Github still allows a maintainer to merge a PR even when some CI
testing fails. I just do not want code coverage, rather than correctness
of code, determining whether a PR is merged or not. I am certainly not
going to change a correct PR based on a code coverage report, unless
that report shows me somehow that my change is logically incorrect, but
I doubt that code coverage can do that.